It’s time for The Hukilau 2011!Posted on June 8th, 2011 4 comments
That’s right kids, the big event is happening THIS WEEK…and it’s the 10th anniversary of The Hukilau, too!
PROOF that SoCal doesn’t have the monopoly on the koolest of koolness. The Hukilau in Fort Lauderdale, Florida is the east coast answer to the Tiki revival!
This year promises to be a truly swingin’ event, with more music, art, drinks and fun than ever. Wahini Colleeni and I have booked a room at the Bahia Mar, where much of the action is taking place, so we can have ALL the fun! So if any of you reading this are making it down to Fort Lauderdale this weekend, look for us!
Some of the highlights of this year’s Hukilau include:
• A “Rumposium” by cocktail-slinger extraordinaire Jeff “Beachbum” Berry, held at the world famous Mai-Kai
• The Tiki Treasure Bazaar featuring 40 of the koolest Tiki and Vintage sellers around
• TONS of entertainment including performances by The Intoxicators!, The Tikiyaki Orchestra, Marina the Fire Eating Mermaid, Grinder Nova, The Exotics, The Fishermen, DJ’s Lounge Laura Taylor & Drew Farmer, DJ’s Jack Fetterman and Gina of the Jungle and more all emceed by our old pal King Kukulele.
• Appearances/symposiums by Ian Burrell, Martin Cate, Wayne Curtis, Stephen Remsberg, Kevin Kidney & Jody Daily, Dick Dale, Vintage Roadside’s “Beautiful Girls That Live Like Fish!”, Paul Roe’s “Hawaii – Sailors, Sex and the Birth of Old School Tattoos”, Harold Golen Gallery of Miami and more
• The Hukilau Master Mixologist Challenge
• PARTIES PARTIES PARTIES
• And maybe a few surprises…
The Mai-Kai dinner show and some of the symposiums are already sold out, but there’s still plenty of elbow room at the parties. For a complete line up of entertainment and the schedule, visit The Hukilau website.
Aloha kids, see you in Fort Lauderdale!
-Tiki Chris reporting from the beach in front of the Yankee Clipper, Fort LauderdaleRetro Fun Stuff, Tiki Events, Tiki Talk, Tiki Travel beachbum berry, fort lauderdale, hukilau, mai kai, mermaids, rum, tiki bar, Tiki Events, wreck bar
My man looks a little too happy! Lol!
Great pics! Have fun at The Hukilau and have a Mai Tai for me… oh heck, have six Mai Tais for me 😉
Leave a reply